LogiKal is the leading global Project Planning & Controls Consultancy. Founded in 2002, we now have consultants and information management specialists across the UK, Europe, Australia and Asia. We are the project intelligence people, helping businesses achieve better results in delivering projects, no matter how big or small.
We are excited to be growing both our London and Birmingham teams. We are looking for a driven, adaptable Planning Engineer who has excellent technical skills and can build strong working relationships with clients and project teams.
Our project portfolio is ever-growing, our innovations are market-leading, and our’ family feel’ culture is stronger than ever. There has never been a more exciting time to join us!
Client Support | Description of Services
As a Planner Engineer, you will support the Planning team in providing and maintaining high-level baseline plans of the works. To prepare periodic analysis and reports including critical path analysis, Earned Value Management (EVM), Programme performance, Risks and issues, and critical resource analysis.
This function accountability shall include, but is not limited to:
– Assist the Senior Planning Engineer and Planning Manager in the development of the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), calendars and dates to be used by the Project, aligned with the Cost Break Down Structure (CBS) and Employer’s Data Dictionary;
– Help to develop cost and resource loaded construction programmes with submission following the required delivery milestones
– Support Senior Planning Engineer to enable the Construction programme to comply with all required access dates, milestones and key dates in compliance with the Employer’s Planning requirements, contract data, and works information
– Contribute to assessing programme risks and programme risk analysis, including the development and implementation of mitigation measures.
– Interfacing with other functional teams including, but not limited to: BIM Team, design team, estimation and construction execution.
– Progress monitoring and regular updating of the construction programme, including forecasting potential problem areas and proposing mitigation measures to the Sector Planning Lead and Planning Manager.
– Cooperation with the Project Controls Manager, Reporting Manager and Change Management in related construction programme matters.
– Help liaise with different stakeholders to communicate the Construction Planning approach and enable sharing of best practices, innovation, and continuous improvement.
– Support in “what-if” scenario Planning, providing integrated solutions to project conflicts and recoveries.
– Support the Senior Planner in ad-hoc business requirements as required.
– Capture, implement and share best practice Project Planning policy, processes and procedures across the wider business to drive continuous improvement and provide specialist advice as requested; and
– Demonstrate the efficiency and effectiveness of the plans and schedules developed and used through agreed performance indicators.
– Business Development
– Actively identifying opportunities that will help develop LogiKal’s network & services
– Attending/participating in LogiKal knowledge sharing & networking events
– Providing market research to sector leads
– Running Project Controls Maturity Assessments
– LogiKal Spirit
– Participating in team meetings & internal social events
– Embodying LogiKal values
– Enrolling on internal training courses and taking an active role in your professional development – help us help you!
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience working on major infrastructure & construction projects
- Strong working knowledge of MS Excel & Primavera P6
- Solid understanding of EVM & Project Reporting
- Exceptional communication – you must be able to explain technical concepts clearly
- Ability to work effectively under pressure & meet deadlines
Good to have:
- Experience working for a consultancy
- Experience creating dashboards – Power BI / Tableau
- Professional Membership
Please note: We are passionate about our team and getting the best candidate for the role. Research suggests that if women do not have all the requirements listed in a job description, they will not apply. If you feel this role resonates with you, please apply even if you do not have experience in all requirements!
Does this job role sound like a good fit? If so, then here is what we can offer you:
– Competitive salary (based on your level of experience)
– Annual Salary reviews
– Company bonus scheme
– Professional Development
– Career planning & support (monthly 1-2-1s with your line manager, target setting and progress tracking)
– Training days (5 per year)
– Internal training courses every quarter, delivered by our experts (Power BI, Strategic Consulting, Data Management and many more!)
– External training budget
– Professional Membership budget
– Gifts & Rewards
– Length of service cash gifts
– Monthly star achiever (£100 for dinner/drinks)
– Summer Away Day & Christmas Party
– Referral bonus
– Cycle to work scheme
– Birthday day off – this one is on us!
Please use the form at the top of this page to apply directly