LogiKal is the leading global Project Planning & Controls Consultancy. Founded in 2002, we now have consultants and information management specialists across the UK, Europe, Australia and Asia. We are the project intelligence people, helping businesses achieve better results in delivering projects, no matter how big or small.
We are excited to be growing our Birmingham team. We are looking for a driven, adaptable Senior Planning Engineer who has excellent technical skills and can build strong working relationships with clients and project teams.
Our project portfolio is ever-growing, our innovations are market-leading, and our’ family feel’ culture is stronger than ever. There has never been a more exciting time to join us!
Client Support | Description of Services
As a Senior Planner, you will lead the evaluation of the project time for the relevant programme of works (sector) and correlate cost and risk assessments. Provide guidance to the supply chain to articulate requirements for planning.
This function accountability shall include, but is not limited to:
– Assist the Planning Manager in developing the programme structure, Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), calendars and dates to be used, aligned with the Cost Break Down Structure (CBS) and Employer`s data dictionary.
– Help to develop cost and resource loaded programmes during submission in accordance with the required delivery milestones.
– Ensuring the programme meets all required access dates, milestones and key dates in compliance with the Employer’s Planning requirements, contract data and works information.
– Contribute to assessing programme risks and programme risk analysis, including the development and implementation of mitigation measures.
– Progress monitoring and regular updating of the programme, including forecasting potential problem areas and proposing mitigation measures to the Planning Manager.
– Cooperation with the Project Controls Manager, Reporting Manager and Change Management in related construction programme matters.
– Liaise with different stakeholders and other works packages to communicate the agreed construction planning approach and share best practices, innovation, and continuous improvement.
– Appraisal, review and assessment of supply chain programmes and inclusion in the main programme as required.
– Maintain short and medium-term programmes to check main programme objectives are met.
– Support in “what-if” scenario Planning, providing integrated solutions to Project conflicts and recoveries.
– Support the Planning Manager in ad-hoc business requirements as required.
– Support the Planning Manager in leading the Planners about setting objectives, reviewing performance and anticipating selection and promotion decisions to confirmthat Planning Engineers have the necessary skills and understanding to deliver the team’s objectives; and
– Capture, implement and share best practice Project Planning policy, processes and procedures across the business to drive continuous improvement, and provide specialist advice where required
– Actively identifying opportunities that will help develop LogiKal’s network & services
– Attending/participating in LogiKal knowledge sharing & networking events
– Providing market research to sector leads
– Running Project Controls Maturity Assessments
– Participating in team meetings & internal social events
– Embodying LogiKal values
– Enrolling on internal training courses and taking an active role in your professional development – help us help you!
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience working on major infrastructure & construction projects
- Strong working knowledge of MS Excel & Primavera P6
- Solid understanding of EVM & Project Reporting
- Exceptional communication – you must be able to explain technical concepts clearly
- Ability to work effectively under pressure & meet deadlines
Good to have:
- Experience working for a consultancy
- Experience creating dashboards – Power BI / Tableau
- Professional Membership
Please note: We are passionate about our team and getting the best candidate for the role. Research suggests that if women do not have all the requirements listed in a job description, they will not apply. If you feel this role resonates with you, please apply even if you do not have experience in all requirements!
Does this job role sound like a good fit? If so, then here is what we can offer you:
– Competitive salary (based on your level of experience)
– Annual Salary reviews
– Company bonus scheme
– Professional Development
– Career planning & support (monthly 1-2-1s with your line manager, target setting and progress tracking)
– Training days (5 per year)
– Internal training courses every quarter, delivered by our experts (Power BI, Strategic Consulting, Data Management and many more!)
– External training budget
– Professional Membership budget
– Gifts & Rewards
– Length of service cash gifts
– Monthly star achiever (£100 for dinner/drinks)
– Summer Away Day & Christmas Party
– Referral bonus
– Cycle to work scheme
– Birthday day off – this one is on us!
Please use the form at the top of this page to apply directly