Our Graduate Scheme
Calling all graduates – the search for LogiKal’s next generation of Project Planning & Controls Consultants has begun! Join a talented and supportive team of professionals, complete first-class training and help the largest engineering and construction projects in the UK succeed.
Positions are available in both our London, Birmingham & Bristol teams, but please keep in mind that travel to client locations outside of your selected city may be required from time to time. For the travellers amongst you, there may even be future opportunities to join our Australia and Hong Kong teams.
What is Project Controls?
If you are wondering what is meant by ‘Project Controls’, then don’t worry! Put simply, they are the analytical processes used to manage project time and cost, enabling informed decision-making, and ultimately project success.
We don’t require any prior knowledge or experience, as our experts will teach you the technical bits. We are looking for graduates with a keen interest in improving the delivery of major projects and excellent communication skills (the most important thing for any consultant).
Sounds interesting…and what’s the company culture like?
Everyone at LogiKal shares a commitment to the LogiKal Way, which empowers us to work collaboratively and most importantly, enjoy our work life! We are looking for graduates who also want to get involved with life at LogiKal on top of client commitments. We arrange a monthly team meeting and last minute after-work drinks (have we mentioned that our office has free beer taps yet?), we enjoy getting together and celebrating our successes.
Graduate Consultant must haves:
- A keen interest in Planning, Project Controls & Project Management
- An analytical mind & methodical approach to problem solving
- Exceptional communication & interpersonal skills
- Self-starter attitude with an eagerness to take on responsibility & jump in headfirst
- A collaborative mindset, with the ability to work both as part of a team & independently
- Time management – client teams will rely on you to meet deadlines
- A 2:1 degree (no need to be an engineer or mathematician – all disciplines welcome)
Our promise to you
A supportive and friendly team
“Almost instantly I felt like I was joining a family, and everyone made me feel welcome and valued”
First class training from leaders in the industry (including Project Controls, Planning, Earned Value Management, Cost Management, Risk & Change Management to name a few…)
“LogiKal provide a profound amount of training not just at the first stages but throughout your career with them”
Professional and personal growth through individual mentoring and development planning
“The level of mentoring and career planning is something I wasn’t expecting – a lot goes into identifying how I can improve which I really appreciate”
Opportunity and responsibility from the offset, have an impact on major projects in your first 6 months
“I had no prior controls experience/knowledge before LogiKal and already I feel comfortable being in the client environment delivering valuable information”
Good to Know:
- £25,000 salary
- The scheme starts with a 5-week training period
- Project ready from week 6 – you will be placed with a client straight away, ready to put into practice everything you have learned during training
- Progress assessments at the end of week 5, month 6 and month 12
- Successful completion of the Graduate Scheme will result in a promotion to Support Consultant at the end of the year