We know the importance of the project controls function in achieving project success. However, the topic has had limited research. Our objective is to understand the extent to which project controls effectiveness appears to co-relate with project success.
2016 survey shows
- A strong correlation between high standards in project controls and positive project outcomes
- Weak integration in processes and systems in the majority of cases
- Additionally, many projects are using Excel spreadsheets for key processes
- Low use of analytic tools and a perceived requirement for better data to be demanded from the top of organisations
- Little integration currently between BIM processes and project controls